:::

Spelling Bee Book by Lori Holt

Friday, March 2, 2012

Hand Pieced Quilt-A-Long Block #6 Shoo-Fly

Happy Friday! The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and I have the theme from Laverne & Shirley stuck in my head. All is good :) And we are on block #6 of the hand pieced quilt along which means we are half way through the blocks. It's moving fast and I am really enjoying it. I appreciate your comments and e-mails telling me how much you are enjoying the piecing too.This week I chose Shoo-Fly. Lots of pieces. but I think it will be worth it. I am waiting for Jacque's comment on this one! ha!

For the block you will need:
2 ~ 4 inch squares of background fabric
2 ~ 4 inch squares of print
10 ~ 1 1/2 inch squares of background fabric
10 ~ 1 1/2 inch squares of print

Draw your cut and sew lines on the back of all the 4 inch squares, like the above pictures.
Cut your triangles apart. Sew your half-square triangles together with one background triangle and one print triangle. You will have 16 units.

You will have to trim your HST unit up about 1/16 of an inch on all sides.

 Lay your squares out like this picture. I think this is going to be so cute as a 6 inch block!

Here are all of my blocks so far...I could squeal! They make me happy :)

I can't wait to see your blocks this week. Come on over and join our flickr group. All are welcome at anytime!

Here are the links to the previous blocks:
Block #1 Churn Dash
Block #2 Jacob's Ladder
Block #3 Ohio Star
Block #4 Bear Paw
Block #5 Granny Square

Have a great weekend...5,6,7,8
Sclemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.
We're gonna do it!

9 comments:

Pamela Nees said...

This looks like a very nice block- and the tutorial is great, as well. Your quilt will be beautiful!

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

How did I miss this?! Your blocks are super cute!
I really should join you these blocks will be perfect for my sampler quilt!

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, very cute! Love how they're all looking together

Heidi Staples said...

I just love the way these blocks look in their Flea Market Fancy finery. And let's hear it for Laverne & Shirley...I love that show!

Jessie @ Messy Jesse said...

ooohhh this is just the cutest!! these blocks look amazing all laid next to each other, just perfect fabric choices. xo

Jacque. said...

Really? 52 pieces for a 6.5 inch block? You have got to be kidding me. huh. Surprisingly, my blocks have all turned out great...no matter how much whining and/or complaining I do. haha. Okay. I'm up for the challenge. Again. Still..you're crazy!

Jacque. said...

You know I love you. Right?

Ms A - The Monkey Keeper said...

Can't wait to see the finished piece. Such fun colors.

Judy Blinkenberg said...

I love your tutorials. Thank you so much from a newbie quilter who has made none of these blocks!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...