Friday, November 11, 2011

Scrappy Stars - Mini Quilt Challange

Today I'm entering the Scrappy Stars quilt I just finished in the Mini Quilt Challenge over at amylouwho!
I love making mini quilts. This one was really fun because I used so many little scraps I've been saving. I decided to go with a 1 inch patchwork shashing to use up even more scraps. I'm glad I did too because I love it!


It was really hard to get good pictures on the line today. The wind is wild out there! I quilted this mini with straight horizontal straight lines with aqua thread. I love the way straight line quilting looks.


For the back I used a vintage sheet as I often do.


I bound it with Kona in the color Aqua.


I love this one! I say that often but it was so fun making it and I am really starting to feel as though all sewing should be fun.





Stop over at amylouwho's blog and check out the other mini quilts from some super talented people!
Have a great weekend :)

12 comments:

tirane93 said...

there are just so many RIGHT ways to do scrappy stars, i love it! i like the straignt line quilting for this too. and grey as a background color is number one in my book!

Sew Lovins said...

Love it!!! so cute

Carla said...

Adorable----as per usual I might add.

Debbie said...

oh, I love your scrappy quilt! And your pics are fantastic!

Kristina said...

I love this color combo. So glad to find out via this mini quilt challenge!

trish said...

Oh.my.goodness.
I love your mini!

Jacque. said...

Well, as usual, you are rockin! Love this mini quilt...the smallness, the stars, the quilting, the binding...it is awesome! Love it!

Heather D. said...

It looks wonderful!! I'm loving stars lately too. Gotta say as well, your farm backdrop is the best for quilty photos!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love the gray background with the scrappy stars, and the quilting looks fantastic!

Catherine said...

Love this mini scrappy quilt. So fun and colourful!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Those stars are awesome and they look so good on that gray with that pretty binding. Love your windy day photos and your yummy straight line quilting.

Toni said...

I love this! Grey, bright scrappiness, and stars are all winners in my book. And I love seeing the silos and barns in the background of your pictures!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...