Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Catching Up....


It's been too long since my last post. September was quite a challenging month for our family. Hopefully this roller coaster we call life will stay calm for a while. I'm very thankful for all of you who checked in on me and had kind encouraging words. It is appreciated more than you'll ever know.



So I really didn't touch my sewing machine for well over a month. The last thing I made was this little doll quilt for one of my nieces in the beginning of September. I pulled all of my purples which turned out to be mostly feedsack reproductions. I really loved how it turned out. All the purple fabrics looked so pretty together.





And then I didn't sew again until the week before last. I wanted to catch up on my bee blocks. These blocks were for Christine and Shanna in the Aqua and Red Bee.





These were for Holly and Jenna for the {Sew Bee It} bee. These bees are a lot of fun because we get to play with other peoples fabric. But that can make me nervous sometimes too because I don't want to make a mess of fabric that isn't mine. But it all works out fine usually ;) All the girls I've been in bees with are really sweet.



My next bee block was for the cocorico bee. For this bee we use fabric from our own stash for the others blocks. They are mostly paper pieced original designs. This bee has been a lot of fun too. It's always good to try new creative things. This was Annabel's block. Her theme this month was Annabel's Orchard.
I really feel privileged to be apart of these bees with all of these talented ladies. They really blow me away with their creativity and skill.



I was also in another swap but with all that was happening I couldn't meet that deadline. So when I finish this Aqua Crosses quilt  it will be going out to my partner for that swap. I hope she likes it.

That was a quick little recap of what I've been doing. I still have plans for the paper pieced Kitchen Aid mixer tutorial and the Topsy Turvy sashing tutorial for the Little Apples quilt. Both are in progress but it's a slow go right now...life happens :)

8 comments:

Jacque. said...

YAY! Glad to see you are back! And, it is good to know you've gotten some sewing in. All the blocks look great! The quilts, too! You're rockin', as always.

Lorrie said...

Pretty blocks and quilts. Sewing can be a great stress reliever (or stress initiator!)

Anonymous said...

they are all very pretty. you are truly a great inspiration. :) I hope things will get back to normal soon.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Erin, So glad to see a post and the beautiful sewing you've been doing! :)

Kristine Hanson said...

sorry to hear your life was a rollercoaster, ours has been like that too since July...more me than anyone, guess that comes with being the mom and wife, LOL! Take care

Kim said...

I missed your posts! Sorry to hear things have been tough.

Dawn said...

Glad to see you back. You've been busy. Love everything but my fav are the bee blocks. Take care!

Alicia said...

Is there a name for the strip pattern in red and teal? I love that!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...