Happy Wednesday! I worked some more on my kitchen shelf quilt. I had to piece together enough background fabric for the space under the mugs. I have used up every little scrap I had of this Kona Ash. I could have ordered more and waited but sometimes I say to myself..."Hello, this is what quilting is...use what you have...make it work". It's easier to listen to myself when I can't run 10 minutes up the road to a local quilt shop like I used to be able to do. I think I'm going to make the shelf a little slimmer. Maybe shave off a 1/2 inch.
It's bit thick. I didn't look to see what the pattern in the book
suggested. That would have been smart, huh? I followed the pattern
"loosely" because I included blocks that aren't from the book. So never really looked at the actual measurement for the strips and background pieces. I have to add a thin background strip that I pieced together also to each side. Then I have to decide how to quilt it. I hope to have it finished this weekend but we are having friends visit. I think there will be some camping and fishing happening so we'll see how much sewing I can do from now until then.
ETA :: The mixer is from a pattern I made and there is a tutorial for it here. The teapot is from Piece by Number and the pattern for that is here.
The rest of the patterns are from the book Cups and Saucers by Maiike
Bakker. I bought mine from Amazon. It's a really great book for paper
piecing and cute kitchen quilts / placemats / etc...