:::

Spelling Bee Book by Lori Holt

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hope Valley Twister Finished

YES!!! I finished my quilt and do I ever love it. I decided to quilt 1/4 inch on each side of the diagonal seams in one direction only. Very minimal, for me, but I like it. I didn't have enough Hope Valley fabric left to bind it with so I used some Flea Market Fancy grey eyelet/sprouts. I love it! Did I already say that?  I don't usually wash wall hangings but figured I'd give it a go. The quilt isn't perfectly squared, it's a bit wobbly. I really wasn't as gentle with side background triangles as I should have been.

I'm going to hang it in my kitchen for now.  Just not sure which direction I like best. Stripey block in the top left or grey? What do you think?

18 comments:

Jacque. said...

ohboy...I love it!!! It looks great either way, funny girl.

Amy Friend said...

I like it best in the bottom pic! Nice work!

Heather D. said...

Looks great either way. Hey, how about horizontal? hehe Just trying to make your decision more difficult. :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is super cute. Hope Valley is one of my most favorite lines of fabric ever.

Luz2Quilt said...

I love it just the way it is! Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

It looks wonderful, Erin!
Stripey in the top left! :)

Becca said...

Either way, it's cute!

Linda said...

I like the second photo best, with the striped one at the bottom.

tich said...

Stripey at top - but it looks fantastic either way. Well done!!

Sarah said...

I love it just as it is! I just love everything you make anyway. :)

Ali said...

Lovely soft colours, I like it either way up - sorry, no help at all!

Aoife said...

It's a lovely mini! And looks great in your kitchen. After turning my laptop upside down a couple of times, I vote for the stripey grey in the top left!

Patty said...

Your Hope Valley wall hanging is so cute! I think it can hang either way. I bought a new cutting mat a couple weeks ago and it smells so bad, like rubber or plastic. Have you noticed that with yours?

snips said...

So cute! I love it with the stripey grey in the top left!

RobinSue said...

I love this quilt! It looks great hanging either way. I can't wait to try this pattern.

muhammed waqar said...

What is Lol...? Every thing you want in Lol and Troll, Now you Get all in one Network, ThatIsLol.. Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
thatislol.com

Sofia said...

Very cheerful and well suited for a kitchen! Great job!

Heidi Staples said...

Love this, Erin! Congrats on a beautiful finish!!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...