Wednesday, June 19, 2013

and 28 Buttons Later...

...I still want to make more.

This whole button thing started with me wanting to make the Prettified Pincusions from Ayumi's book Patchwork, Please in which you can use fabric covered buttons. Well the pincushion was temporarily abandoned last evening for a trip to the store to get more buttons to cover.

My husband actually asked what I needed all of them for. I said I needed them for pincushions. He asked how many pincushions are you going to make. I said maybe 2. Then he looked at all my buttons and laughed a little. He's stopping by the store today for a few odds and ends. I asked him to pick me up some more buttons to cover. hehe.

14 comments:

Heather D. said...

haha - at least your husband is good-humoured about it. :)

Julie said...

Funny story! Enjoy, you have never have too many :)

Rebecca said...

There are worse things. I imagine you endearing. :-)

I remember what I was planning to use all my buttons for when I purchase my buttons years ago. Magnets! I was think to remove the hook from the back and hot glue gun in magnets. Maybe I will revive that.i have all the supplies, still...

Svetlana said...

oh, my!!!! these are so adorable. Makes me want to go dig in my supplies to see if I can cover some buttons, too.

Heidi Staples said...

Oh, Erin, these are SO darling!!!

LisaAnn said...

No wonder you can't stop making them..they are so sweet! I can't wait to see the pincushions!

Jessica Christensen said...

SO cute! I love your buttons.

Jacque. said...

That post put a huge smile on my face!!! Thank you!

Beth said...

But they look so pretty in that jar!

GeeGee said...

I love your buttons and your post made me laugh. (My husband just smiles and shakes his head at some of my antics.)
I use to cross stitch small Christmas designs to cover the bigger buttons and crochet lace around them, attach a thin cord and make into Christmas ornaments.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Ahhhdorable buttons!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

You just come up with the cutest stuff, Erin!

Kay Eyles said...

I have never made covered buttons but looking at your I can see why you did so many, just really cute.

tich said...

They are so pretty. They make me want to smile!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...