Monday, March 24, 2014

A Pretty Potholder

I finally got around to making a potholder using Amy's tutorial. The tutorial is great. I added a crocheted trim instead of the ruffle that Amy uses. I also just cut my binding on the crosswise grain instead of the bias. I had enough stretch for the binding to wrap around the curves nicely. My quilting is a little wonky or what I like to call "organic" :)

I will definitely be making more of these. They are so cute and there are so many quilting and design ideas to make them all different. I'll be making some of these for Christmas gifts for sure. This one is going away to my swap partner along with this coaster.
Hope all is well where you are.

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin

16 comments:

Lorrie said...

So charming. Love the crocheted trim you substituted for Amy's ruffle.

Vivid Felicity said...

Love this! It's so perfect. I have my pieces cut out and ready to go, but I may have to change a couple of things, these colors are gorgeous! Love it ;D

Heather D. said...

Very pretty Erin! Too pretty to use. ;)

RobotMomSews said...

Super cute!! I hate cutting on the bias...it makes me have anxiety. I made these too, your binding looks WAY better than mine turned out!

Jacque. said...

Great job, Erin, and cute to boot! And, who wouldn't love to receive a potholder looking like that! You rock!

KaHolly said...

So very sweet. Goes perfectly with the coasters. The crocheted edging gives it an old fashioned charm.

Connie said...

Sew Pretty!

Natasha said...

You are right those are beautiful potholders, I don't think I could use them. Do you crochet your own trim? I have collected vintage pillow case trim and I know what I can do with it!!

Amy DeCesare said...

What a lovely way to jazz up the kitchen - it's just awesome! The quilting is amazing, too - it adds so much to this pretty design!

Martina @snapshotsandwhatnots said...

Very pretty and the quilting looks fab!

Sweet bamboo said...

Love the potholder with the crochet trim. That poject is on my "to do" list.

vintage grey said...

So cute and I love the scallops! xo Heather

legato1958 said...

What a fun potholder... with hexies and crocheted borders! I love the colors with the gray.

Susie

Hannapat said...

This is sooooo pretty Erin. I love this pattern and have made a couple, in fact in the process of making another set. xoxo

Jessica Christensen said...

Oh, I really, really like this one. Great job!

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

OOO i love the crochet edging! Need to try that too!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...