Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Paper Pieced Lego Star Wars ~ Luke Skywalker

I wanted to pop in and share with you this really awesome paper pieced quilt block. It's a Lego Luke Skywalker. He still needs his face embroidered on. I tested this pattern for Kristy @ Quiet Play. She's designing over 30 Lego Star Wars character patterns. She's listing them for free in her Craftsy shop. I will be making all of them as requested by my son. He sort of gets the short end of the stick when it comes to my sewing projects because I tend to sew more girly things I guess. So these blocks are a perfect way for me to make something for him. He has loved looking through all of the blocks Kristy has created so far. I'm getting some "cool mom points" too, so that makes me happy. I'll be remaking Luke once I get a better fleshy color. I might even sit down to sew him. Does anyone else stand and sew? I've been doing that a lot lately. Next, I'll be making light sabers.

For all of you in the states, I hope you have a happy 4th of July! Be safe! May the force be with you. I can't believe I just typed that. But I'm leaving it.

xo Erin

9 comments:

vintage grey said...

So neat! Can't wait to see the face!! Your son will love them all and I look forward to seeing them all! Happy 4th Erin, and love that you said that! Too funny you are! ;) Blessings, xo Heather

charlotte said...

It feels good to get cool mom points doesn't it? Nice job and may the force be with you too.

Jacque. said...

ohboy...how fun for your son! YAY...you ARE a cool mom. Standing when sewing...hmmmm...nope, not me. Looking forward to seeing more.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Oh no, you're one of "them". ;)
Hope that your family has a great 4th of July.
And really, great job on that block.

Gina said...

Happy 4th Erin! Hope you and your family have a great day! i love Kristy's patterns!! i am a standing sew(er) too. I try to sit to give my feet a break but sitting is not my strong suit. I always need to get up to cut, press, get fabric, wipe a nose, get a snack for the kids, get a drink, etc, etc. Your block looks awesome and it will be fun to see how you put your quilt together!

nicole said...

It seems that most of the lego star wars people are faceless! i know mine all are!
He looks awesome, great work!
As for standing and sewing... i've been known to, but when my first son was still crawling, for a while i would have to put my foot pedal up on the table and press it with my hand!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Yay for cool mum points! I reckon we deserve like a bazillion points for all the paper piecing involved in this kind of quilt ;) Glad you've found something boyish for your kidlet - definitely harder to find boy things to sew!

Love how Luke turned out - he looks just fab! I'm waiting on my flesh coloured fabric to turn up so I can start making the people!

sew.darn.quilt said...

This is a fabulous boy friendly design, I've got 2 boys myself and sometimes it's a little tougher to find something they like. Well done:)

Finding Fifth said...

Hello there Luke. My first time to your blog too.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...