Saturday, August 4, 2012

Charise's House Finished

I finished Charise's block for the cocorico bee. So, it's supposed to be an Edwardian/Victorian style house. I'm not sure I captured that. I was going to use more subtle colors but the more I worked on it, the brighter it got. I like it bright. It makes me smile. I made her a window box with the text Great Washington because she is from Washington state. I made little flowers for the box using 1/4 inch hexagons and I embroidered 3 French Knots onto the center of each hexie flower. I hope she likes it.

12 comments:

Missy Shay said...

It is great, I love the colors!

Heather D. said...

I think it's adorable!

Katy Cameron said...

Love what you came up with for this, especially the wee tower :o)

Charise said...

Oh my gosh, 1/4" hexies and french knots. Just amazing. I am in LOVE and thank you for using that very special OOP fabric for the house. I LOVE it!
xo
Charise

trish said...

Oh how cute Erin!!

Carla said...

Little hexies........how adorable! The whole thing is great.

Sewn With Grace said...

It's fabulous, she will love it! If not, I can take it off your hands! :)

Heidi Staples said...

Too cute, Erin! You did a gorgeous job on this one!

Gina said...

Adorable! Your detail is always so amazing...love those 1/4 in hexies!

sew sew n sew said...

I like bright too! This one is lovely~

vintage grey said...

Oh, Erin I love it!! So sweet, and you definitely captured it! Those flowers are so cute!! Great job! xo Heather

Bonnie said...

This is such a cute little house...I love it! One of these days I would love to make a house block. I'm still working on my sail boat quilt...I'm getting there!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...