Sunday, August 12, 2012

Artist's Studio ~ A Bee Block

I hope you are having a restful weekend. It has been absolutely beautiful here. Cool temperatures breezed in Friday night and it's been glorious since then. I finished another bee block. This one is for Amy. Her theme was an Artist's Studio. I knew that I wanted to incorporate quilting in this studio since that is the first thing I think of when I think of art. Then color! I have wanted to make a Circle of Geese block for what feels like forever. I even have a set printed on freezer paper, colored and ready to go, just never made it. Have you made one? Aren't they fun? Well I decided to make a miniature one for Amy's block. I wanted it to look like a painting because the only thing I could think of that would be better that sewing a quilt would be painting one, right?! I was going to add more details to her block. I wanted to make a shelf holding paints and brushes but I really feel that I add too much to these paper pieced blocks sometimes. I went with the "less is more" approach and I quite like it.



29 comments:

kelly said...

holy cow- this is gorgeous!

charlotte said...

This is an awesome block!

Leslie said...

oh goodness this is amazing and adorable....i love it

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What an amazing block...Amy is so lucky!! TFS

Katy Cameron said...

Oh it is amazing, love it!

Jacque. said...

Perfect! I love the way your mind works...this is absolutely fantastic!

honeyguide said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I know someone I could give a block like that. You're so talented!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Brilliant!

legato1958 said...

It's to die for!

Dolores said...

So gorgeous! I wish I was in a bee with you!! :-)

Alia said...

So creative! It looks great

Colby said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Great job!!

Heidi Staples said...

This is so fantastic!! I love it!

vintage grey said...

So beautiful!! Your are so talented at these blocks! Love seeing them! Have a beautiful week! xo Heather

niveas said...

it looks absolutely great! And it's admirable to do such a circle of geese in this tiny size!

Marga (MarPie) said...

Beautiful indeed.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I love patchwork and painting and your block is so perfect!

Gina said...

You have created another masterpiece!!

Unknown said...

Wow! It so cute Erin!

trish said...

Your paper piecing blocks are fabulous Erin!
Truly. I wish I could sit at your feet and learn
how you create them. :o)
Have a wonderful week. Trish xo

Michele said...

Brilliant setting!

Carla said...

Lovely work (as per usual ) : )

Gill said...

Wow! this is just incredible!

Bonnie said...

I am blown away! This is freakin' awesome...excuse my language! I am like, seriously impressed. I love this...and I have never seen that block, Circle of Geese, before. I would so love to try that. I actually will try this for sure. I love your creativity with the easel and the paint brush. You are so awesome...I love that I found your blog because your style is so refreshing!

Bonnie said...

P.S. You have inspired me to learn paper piecing! I've been watching "how to" videos on YouTube this morning. Learning a lot.

Kristy QP said...

Such a fantastic block! Very creative!

Jenniffier said...

Oh my gosh that is so super cute! Fantastic work!

Steph F. said...

This is wonderful!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...