Thursday, June 16, 2011

Doll Quilts and a Book Cover

 I've had a stacked coins on my "to do" list for a long time. I finally made one. I had a fabric swap with Lauree over at Flicker. She wanted browns, blues, greys and oranges. I really liked the stacks of fabric together when I was taking pictures for her. I turned some of the pieces into this doll quilt.


 I used a piece of the vintage sheet that I used to back the Arcadia Whirlygig quilt for the back of this quilt. It was a perfect match!

 I didn't do a lot of quilting on this one but I like it.


 I think I am just going to keep making mini's and doll quilts...


                (photo credit Collecting American Country via Wee Wonderfuls)
so I can have a wall like this. Isn't that great?!


 I've been wanting to share these book covers I made. They cover my grandmother's cookbooks. I treasure these books and use them so often.


 I am afraid of them falling apart.

The book(s) is/are Meta Given's Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking. I have learned a lot from these. I love the homemaking tips.

They have the greatest retro pictures too. The inside cover is the best.


I thought this Cosmo Cricket Early Bird fabric would be perfect for them. I used warm and natural batting and muslin backing. I stitched on the "line" of each section of the fabric. It doesn't get easier than that!



10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful book covers they suit the cookbooks well.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jacque. said...

ohhhh, you're so crafty! LOVE those book covers! I have the perfect piece of retro kitchen fabric to use...as if I didn't have enough to do. LOVE the doll quilt...great colors and looks good with the gray. You rock!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Oh I want a wall like that!!! I've got 2 mini's to start! The book covers are adorable too! I've got to remember that. How cute those be sprinkled in on my bookshelves?? Nice....Thanks for sharing. Jenn

Char said...

Great cookbook covers for very precious books.
Love the doll quilt. I've put my minis all over my sewing room. Thanks for sharing that picture, I might just do that to my guest room.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Those bookcovers are great--perfect fabric.

Unknown said...

I love those book covers! What perfect fabric and a great idea.

Jenniffier said...

I really like the quilt and there are some very great fabrics in it.

Victoria said...

The quilt is lovely Erin, and the book covers are so clever! (That vintage cookbook looks like a real treasure!)

ayumills said...

I love the book covers so much! Perfect fabric for them too!

The doll quilt is cute and the way you took the picture is great :)

Alia said...


Hi!

I am your Follower!
I loved the Quilt and the Book cover! So adorable!
I am very fond of your blog!
Keep up the good work!

Do visit my Blog too and Follow it if you like it!

Alia
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...