Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quilt Tags / Labels

I am really bad about labeling the quilts I make. I know this is not good. There are a few, like the ones that I have made my kids that are labeled. I like the tag idea much better. Very simple. I did some searching on the net and found this little tutorial from Patchwork Pottery. I bought cotton twill tape in white and natural and 2 different sizes.


You need iron transfer paper too. I had one sheet left from ages ago so I thought this would be fun to try. Especially with cotton twill tape being 20 cents a yard! I used Paint to make the label look the way I wanted. Then you have to make sure you turn it into mirror image before you print.


Cut, place, iron!


There's your quilt tag. These are great for any handmade item.


I'm going to slip one under the binding of my next quilt. I want to play around more with different sizes and images. I think they're super cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm been seeing this around the blogs. Labeling the quilts. I'm so fresh and new I hadn't considered it but I like the idea. And you made it look so simple :)

Jacque. said...

Hey Erin...Super cute! It's very important to label quilts, though I really hate to do it. I've been looking into different ways to have labels made for myself.

ayumills said...

Love your labels! I used the same tutorial to make my labels too! Isn't it such a great tutorial?!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...