Sunday, December 5, 2010

How Many Times...

can you use a quilt pattern?
This is really just a rhetorical question, like how much fabric is too much? How many shoes are too much? How much chocolate is too much? There's no real answer here.


In 2008 I made this quilt from the tutorial on Crazy Mom Quilts blog. I gave the quilt to one of my dearest friends.


Then I wanted to make a quilt for my husband to take with him surf fishing. So I made this one I called Land and Sea. I changed the sashing measurements on this one.

I thought I was done with the pattern. But I have used it a bunch. 2 I don't have pictures of, they were smaller one my MIL Christmas quilt last year and one was for a baby shower last year.


I'm using it for my Sweet quilt. I wanted to make sure I used a pattern to showcase my absolute favorite fabric ever, the peeps.

It's a great pattern for doing that.


My friend who I gave the first quilt to is expecting and I made a baby quilt for her this past week. Guess what quilt I made?!

Everyone loves this pattern. And since they are gifts I make what they want.

It is a great pattern. I am grateful for the tutorial. Thanks Amanda Jean, I feel like I owe you something!lol!

P.S. friends and family, I can make other kinds of quilts ;p

5 comments:

Jacque. said...

All are absolutely gorgeous! I remember that tutorial...and it is one I was thinking of using for the zoo menagerie quilt I am about to start. Might just have to go ahead with it! You do awesome work, Erin!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful pattern! You did an amazing job with it every single time!

I say if it's not broken, why fix it? You've obviously found a treasure...why not keep making it! =)

Diane said...

They all look great! That is such a veratile pattern... a version of it is in Elizabeth Hartmans new book too.

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern! It is one of my favorites that you make! I also love your blog...its fun to see what quilts you are up to! Can you guess who this is?

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

umm I hope it's one of my friends...otherwise it's kinda creepy lol!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...