Monday, May 23, 2016

Pretty Playtime Quilts ~ Dragonfly Block


 Good morning! Today I'm so excited I get to share the first block for the Pretty Playtime Quilt Along with Fat Quarter Shop. 

This is the Dragonfly Block! This was a really fun block to make. So cute and easy to put together. There are quite a few pieces but the instructions in the book are great. I love how the block was constructed.

I used to collect dragonfly decorations and things. I thought it was fitting that I was making this block for the quilt along. I was thinking of making a mini with 4 of these Dragonfly blocks. Wouldn't that be cute?
I used Strawberry Biscuit by Elea Lutz for the dragonflies and Riley Blake Swiss Dots (Aqua) for the background fabric. I love Elea's fabric and her book is just the sweetest. I can't wait to see all of these blocks being made!

Here is a list of the other bloggers quilting along!

Week 2 - Erin from Why Not Sew?
Week 3 - Wynn from Zakka Art
Week 4 - Anorian from Samelia's Mum
Week 5 - Amy from Diary of a Quilter
Week 6 - Renee from Sewn with Grace
Week 7 - Jemima from Tied with a Ribbon
Week 8 - Amanda from Jedi Craft Girl
Week 9 - Debbie from Happy Little Cottage
Week 10 - Tina from Emily Ann's Kloset
Week 11 - Erica from Kitchen Table Quilting
Week 12 - Kristyne from Pretty by Hand
Week 13 - Heidi from Fabric Mutt
Week 14 - Brigitte from The Family Hearth
Week 15 - Lorrie from Sew Mod Designs
Week 16 - Kristin from They Grow Up Too Fast
 
Happy Sewing!
xo Erin

9 comments:

Kristin said...

This is so cute! I bought a gray dot for the background, but once I saw how many pieces it had, I was thinking twice about using the dots. I was thinking the pattern would look too disjointed. But now I see that it will be fine! Thanks!

E. Lutz said...

This is so sweet! I love how you used the dots! So cheerful and cute! Dragonflies are my mother-in-laws favorite and neat to see that you love them, too. So excited to have you on the quilt along - what a joy to see your beautiful work! Hugs to you, Elea

KaHolly said...

Dragonfly blocks are right up my alley! I just love them!

Unknown said...

Such a cute block! I am am using the Swiss Dots in Hot pink for my background. Can't wait to get this first block made.

Jacque. said...

How cute are these! Great work, Erin! xo

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks great!

Nicole said...

Curious idea to create dragonfly. It would be great to use for learning kids.

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

This is so sweet Erin!! I love the swiss dots background and think a mini would be adorable :)

Jan said...

Those dragonflies are so cute. I think a mini with 4 would be so adorable. Can't wait to see a finished mini.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...