Friday, April 11, 2014

☆ Country Girls Stars Quilt ☆

Last week I finished this Country Girls mini quilt I made for my girls' room. I've been wanting to post about it since then but we all have been under the weather at our house. Sore throats and stomach bugs. Yuck. I hope we are on the mend. My mom is visiting and should be here today! I told her maybe she shouldn't come but she wouldn't hear of it. I hope she doesn't get sick. I've Lysoled, bleached, Purelled my heart out, so I'm hoping we're good.

Anyway, I am loving this mini!!! I fussy-cut the Country Girls from this fabric. Then I used some Country Girls fabric along with some others from Tasha Noel. All of which I got from Shay at Simply Sweet Fabric.  I added some Strawberry Fields, April Showers, Scrumptious and Flea Market Fancy. The colors all went well together and I love the scrappy look.

I hand quilted around each star and that was all. I may add more quilting around the edge near the binding and in the space where the four corners of the blocks meet. I just haven't yet. I love the center block. The little girl feeding the ducks reminded my 4 year old of herself feeding her ducks. She loves the quilt and can't wait to have it on her wall. I have to paint first. I hope to do that while my mom visits. We shall see :)

Have a great weekend! Stay healthy...wash your hands!!!

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts

21 comments:

Jacque. said...

Well, as usual, I am smiling. I love what you do...you are unique, Erin! Love your work. xo

quilty stitches said...

This is sooo adorable!! Enjoy your Mom's visit and stay well.

agnes said...

Seriously so so cute. Thanks for the close-up pics. Love seeing the details. Now I want to make one for my girls too! Have a great weekend with your mom!

Caroline.In.Iowa said...

This is so lovely! I am using the country girls fabric to make a quilt for my daughter right now - it's so nice to see the patterns in a finished product.

vintage grey said...

Aww, it came out so sweet Erin!! I love all the prints and your hand quilting is beautiful! xo Heather

Nisa-mom said...

so cute, Erin .. and also love the rain drop fabric you use there.. adorable..

Shay said...

I love it!! I'm sure your girls are excited :)

Gina said...

Have a fun visit with your mom! I love how the binding ties in with the center star and really frames the mini perfectly. Country girls is such a sweet line!!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Looks awesome! I love the hand quilting. Super job!

DeborahGun said...

This is super cute, and the hand quilting makes it extra special.

Sewn With Grace said...

Hope you are on the mend! The quilt is wonderful, such great fabrics!

legato1958 said...

Just the cutest quilt ever! Love your fabrics and the embroidery!

Susie

Julie B. said...

So darling! Love the colors too!

Christine S said...

So sweet, I love this line!

Kathleen said...

This is just adorable . . . I love your fussy cut blocks.

nicole said...

So cute! I love all the fabrics you've pulled for this. And your hand quilting is just the perfect touch! Gorgeous :)

Helen Philipps said...

Such a sweet quilt, I love those adorable fabrics and fussy cut centres! I hope you all keep well, and have a wonderful visit with your mom!
Helen xox

Lauren said...

I really like the little country girls in each block. =)

Heidi Staples said...

This quilt is so incredibly sweet, Erin! I love it!!

Amanda Best said...

Adorable mini quilt! I love the sweetness of the Country Girls fabric, it is one of my favorite Riley Blake lines. I hope you are all feeling better!

Georgia said...

Hi sweet Erin! :D
I've had such fun catching up here on your blog!
This quilt turned out so lovely!
I'm looking forward to connecting with you again on Instagram :)
Big Momma Hugs
Georgia
>^.^<

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...