Thursday, January 24, 2013

I caved...

By now most of you have probably seen all of the Scrappy Trip quilts that have been the recent craze in quilty blogland. I've really liked all of the ones that I have seen so far. Still, I was trying not to start anything new. I wanted to finish up some quilts, bee blocks, use up those leftover blocks I found, etc. Then I saw Charise's blocks for her Scrappy Trip quilt and it was all over! I had to make one "just like hers". I have quite a few of the same prints that Charise used and I hoard them. I decided it was time to use some of them. I pulled my fabrics today and this is my first block. I'm using up the very last of some of my favorite fabrics. I had to piece a few of the strips for this block which you can see in the top right corner with the American Jane red w/ white flower print and the graph paper print. I can see why this quilt along caught on the way it did. These are so easy and fun to piece. I know I'm really late to the party but I am glad I joined in!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I am caving right along with you!!! I started this week! I have several fabrics cut, then I see a new picture of a quilt done and think..oh I want to throw that piece of fabric out and add this other one in!

Your block is beautiful!

Denise said...

I'm probably going to cave too! I'm pretty new to quilting, but this block looks pretty easy and probably one that I can handle. I love the colors in yours!

Jan Marie said...

I am trying not to cave but I think you have pushed me closer.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love the colours...so glad you decided to jump in...it is a great pattern and fun to sew up!

Jessica Christensen said...

Yeah, I caved too. I also have been trying not to start anything new, but apparently I am powerless. Yours is going to be lovely.

Tammy said...

I am working on mine also....in browns aquas pinks, yellows. Mine is gonna be kinda different though.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

You are making it that much harder to resist! I desperately want to play along, but I've got so much else to finish. Oh well. Since when has that stopped me before?

Rebecca said...

I've been resisting too. But seeing how I was planning to make my oldest a red postage stamp quilt, i might cave. :) depends if I want that much of a pattern.

Yours is looking pretty!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...