Friday, July 23, 2010

New Quilt, Etsy and Friday Night Sew-in


I've been working on this quilt for the past few days. I finished quilting it today while listening to really great music. It's funny how my foot would go faster or slower depending on what song was playing.

I'll show a pic tomorrow after I get it bound ( hopefully).

I intended for this to be my first Etsy item for my new shop. BUT after I finished quilting it I turned it over to admire the very cute pieced back and there it was....a pucker!!!!! I haven't had a pucker in soooo long. Why oh why now? Well ain't that just the way it goes?! So this little baby gets to live here. Darn ;)

So tonight for Friday Night Sew-In my goals are to bind this, make a table runner similar to this one, and start another quilt that is brewing for the new shop. We'll see how much I can do after everyone goes to bed. I'll post tomorrow for the Sew-In and show this quilt and the back! I love it.

I'm going to make another like it for the shop and also post a tutorial on how I made it.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Yay! I ♥'d on your shop! Can't wait to see it in full swing-congrats! :)

Jacque. said...

ohman, isn't that just the way? And, like you, I would have to keep it and not put it up for sale. Looking forward to seeing your etsy shop in full swing! YAY! You rock...you know that, right? I have to get my act together here...just went and bought more fabric. YIKES! Getting way ahead of myself, here! Anyway, I'll go and fave your shop right now. Cuz I just know!

Leslie said...

this is a beautiful quilt...what a bummer about the pucker!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...