Friday, January 22, 2010

The Bernina and a Cool Quilt Link for Kids


I had to laugh at Jacque's comment on the last post about just casually mentioning the new Bernina and moving on. I guess I did. Well I do love this machine. It's something I have been wanting for a long time but never thought I would get. So I think I have just been in a little bit of a daze. Like "pinch me, do I really own this machine?" It sews the nicest stitches. It was also really easy to move back and forth between free motion and regular sewing. The way the presser feet come off is awesome. I hope it last forever, or at least a really long time.




I also wanted to share this really cool link to a PDF for kids. It's about the Underground Railroad. There are six pages of quilt blocks for them to color. Cutting them out and gluing them to poster board and using construction paper for sashing and borders makes a super cute quilt! The kids have a lot of fun. So check it out if you have kids, grand kids, nieces or nephews, etc... I think they'll like it.

4 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Oh yes, the machine is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Jacque. said...

Erin...okay, now you sound more excited! {grin} Did you name your machine? Ya know, like I call my Janome 'Naomi'? Okay, I'm weird, but I'm fun! haha.

It's a lovely machine, can't wait to see what all you do with it. It's true that one sews better on a better machine.

The link...how fun! Gonna have to use it with the grandkids...thanks a bunch!!!

Barb said...

I just love your blog and all the fun things you have to offer everyone....have a wonerful day!!

camilyn said...

Hi Everybody,

If you are a Bernina software user you get a wonderful opportunity to learn new things about Bernina software with some like minded people on a conference that is scheduled from July 25th, 2010. Please visit this url for more details http://itac20.co.za/?page_id=50.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...